As many times as I have traveled in and out of different airports, Tampa International Airport is the most convenient and user friendly for me. The airport has shuttles that take you to and from the Main Terminal to each airsides. It’s also equipped with Free Wireless Internet throughout the airport facilities. The layout of the airport is like a spider. Each spider’s leg is considered to be a terminal. It’s pretty amazing to see, especially if you can get an aerial view from the sky.
Here are 13 Things to know About Tampa International Airport:
- All airsides are connected to the Main Terminal: Airsides A, C, E and F.
- The following airlines operate out of each airside: Airside A: Spirit, JetBlue, Frontier, United and Silver (Commuter) Airlines Airside C: Southwest and AirTran Airlines. Airside F: American, US Airways, British Airways, Edelweiss (Swiss Airline), Sky King (operates flights to Cuba), West Jet (Canadian), Cayman Airlines and JetBlue (also operates flights to Cuba). Airside E: Delta and Air Canada
- 2 Duty Free Shops: There are two duty free shops, one on Airside E and the other located on Airside F. They operate according to the airlines flights, schedules and International Flights and are open 2 hours prior to departure time.
- Ground Transportation: We have several rental car companies on site to include; Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty, Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, Budget and National.
- Parking Information: Short Term Parking is located in the Main Terminal (Levels 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9). Long Term Garage Parking is accessible via Monorails.
- Retail Shops: We have several retails shops located on the Landside/Main Terminal – Level 3 which are the following: Authors Bookstore, Bijoux Terner, Brookstone, Destination Time, Harley-Davidson, Mindworks, News Central/Gift & News, Radio Road, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Sports Scene, Sunglass Int’l, Swarovski, Talie, Tampa! and Tech Interaction. Each airside, will also have their own shops after you cross security.
- Travelex/Currency Exchange/Flight Insurance: Located on Landside Terminal Level 3, near the Armstrong Elevators and also on Airside F for international flights.
- Chapel: This is a Non-denominational chapel. It’s located in the Landside Terminal Level 3, near the Armstrong Elevators.
- Accommodations: The Marriott Hotel is located on Level 3 directly connected to the main terminal.
- ATM: Operated by SunTrust Bank. Located on Landside Terminal Levels 1, 2, 3, and all airside terminals.
- Business Center: The business center is located in the Marriott Hotel.
- Mail Drop: Located at all elevator Cores in the main terminal.
- Smoking Areas/Outdoor Patios: For those travelers who smoke, smoking areas are located on Landside Terminal Level 3 between Airsides A and C and All Airsides.
What’s your favorite airport and why?
Happy Travels ~ Ruthie